Eeckman Art Prize 2021 - call for projects
Download here the call for projects in PDF-format
Dedicated to the promotion of the contemporary art scene, the Art on Paper fair in collaboration with BOZAR is launching with the support of Eeckman Art & Insurance a call for projects aimed at artists and art students whose practice reflects affinities with drawing.
The winner of the EECKMAN ART PRIZE, selected by a jury made up of members of the contemporary art world, will be given the opportunity to exhibit his or her artistic work in the form of a solo show during Art on Paper, which will be held from 15 to 19 September 2021 in BOZAR’s Ravenstein circuit.
The winner will also have the opportunity to be exhibited in the reception areas of Eeckman Art & Insurance either during the week of the fair as part of the Brussels Drawing Week (14 to 19 September 2021) or during the weeks following the fair dates.
Through this prize, Art on Paper and Eeckman Art & Insurance make available to the winner their networks and visibility through:
- the winner’s exhibition at Art on Paper and in the spaces of Eeckman Art & Insurance;
- the publication of a press release co-signed by Art on Paper and Eeckman Art & Insurance and distributed to the general and specialised Belgian and international press;
- an article/interview published on the Art on Paper website and published on the social networks and in the newsletters to their respective networks of collectors, professionals and art lovers.
In addition to this promotion, a transport budget of 1000€ is allocated to the winner and the insurance of his or her work is covered by Eeckman Art & Insurance for the duration of the fair.
CALL FOR PROJECTS
Applications are open to any artist or art student, without age limit, as long as he/she is not represented by a gallery. The project submitted to the jury must be based on the drawing practice, but may be open to other formats (except photography) than the traditional line on paper - performance drawing, three-dimensional drawing, movement drawing, etc.
The application must include works that are suitable for exhibition as well as a project for an exhibition for Art on Paper and in the reception areas of Eeckman Art & Insurance.
It is possible to submit projects and/or intentions to produce works. However, the prize does not provide for a production budget and the project must be described as clearly as possible so that the jury can select on the basis of a specific exhibition project.
SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT
Your project must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14 June 2021 at noon at the latest.
It must contain at least the following information:
- surname / first name / nationality / date of birth / city + country of residence / e-mail address / telephone number / website if any
- your CV (1 page maximum)
- a description of your project (2 pages maximum)
- 5 visuals with captions (date, technique and dimensions)
Please put all the documents (project, CV and visuals) in 1 SINGLE PDF FILE and name it as follows: AOP21_EECKMAN_NAME_FIRSTNAME
Applications sent by post will not be accepted and will not be returned. The application can be submitted in French, Dutch or English.